Monday, February 2, 2009

Mind the Gap.....
















Just got back from a fabulous trip to London! It was a roomie reunion, rockin good time ;). Arrived late Thursday and met Ginger and Matt at Oxygen bar. Became friends with the bartender and per usual Jessica behavior, ticked off some snotty girls. Anyway, Friday morning, we woke up early and did some touristing, went to Abbey Road, and of course walked across it, the went to the British Museum to see the Rosetta Stone, just like my learning software ;), had lunch of Fish n chips, yum! and then made it down to Waterloo to see Big Ben, Westminister Abbey, and the London Eye. Dinner was Dim Sum (yum! again) and then made it to the Tate (Museum of Modern Art) for some evening fun. Saturday, woke up and took the train to Wolverhampton to watch Aston Villa play Wigan. We played Rummy on the way up, which by the way, I not only won, but I had 'biggest comeback', but who says I am a sore winner ;) The football game was scoreless, but it was super fun listening to the fans sing the ENTIRE time. Football is no joke here, its great! Dinner was pizza and bed time for us. Ginger and Matt got to wake up to go run in the Tough Guy Challenge. Yep, a 10k with obstacles, including a mud slide, fire pit and who knows what else. I made the train back to the airport to wait for my awful flight home. However, I did wait with a famous person! (what!?) Yep, Fernando Verdasco, a Spanish tennis player sat right across from me. What a cutie!! haha. No, I do not have a photo with him (sadness). Made it back Monday AM, with great memories and new excitement for France. Cheers!

4 comments:

  1. Football? You mean soccer, right? Because you're not turning into one of those godless Europeans with their FIFA and their dance music and their tasteful clothing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will is so jealous you were at the game! He watched it on TV(on the Soccer Channel, a strange obsession in our soccer obsessed house!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. maybe I am Thomas, maybe I am....
    haha, no I just wanted to sound 'british' and use the term football instead of soccer ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i think you need to put a picture of fernando up, just to show how hot he is!

    ReplyDelete